What a week! Autumn has been lovely, but FALL is all about the stock market.
Here is a little bit of what is going on in the pharma biotech world.
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance – Today the FDA released a new draft guidance on Potency Tests for Cellular and Gene Therapy Products and while that is of great interest to some I’m sure, I really have no insights.
- Come See Me Speak at the Second Annual ExL Digital Pharma Conference – ExL Pharma, convener of meetings covering a broad span of topics affecting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector, will be holding its Second Annual ExL Digital Pharma Conference being held in Princeton during October 14-16. The focus is on new media and marketing with a focus on regulatory issues. I will be a speaker at the conference on October 16 and will be giving my advice on the uses of digital during a crisis. Click on the pic or the link to register.
- Kaiser Side by Side Comparison of Obama and McCain on Healthcare – The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation has put together a great tool for doing your own side by side comparison of the presidential candidates – check it out.
- GSK Adds to Their YouTube Tool Box – GSK finally posted another video to its YouTube channel – this one aimed at recruiting new employees. Nice to know someone is hiring. I can’t embed the vid here for you to see because for some ridiculous reason, GSK has chosen a policy that defeats the purpose of YouTube and viral spread by not allowing people to embed their vids (which is like forbidding people from cutting out an article in the newspaper that is about them). But here is a link to the GSK recruitment video.
- FDA Announces that the Melamine Contamination Appears to Have Spread to Several Products – Melamine seems to be like the spot in Dr. Seuss’ Cat in the Hat. It just keeps spreading and spreading and spreading. Check out the latest list of food products that may be adulterated with melamine.
- GAO Issues Two Reports on FDA – This week the GAO issued two reports about FDA. The first is entitled FDA Needs to Better Leverage Resources, Improve Oversight, to Help Consumers Select Healthy Foods and the second is titled Process for Recruiting Members and Evaluating Potential Conflicts of Interest .
That’s it for this week. Next week I’ll have Part 2 of the Warning Letter Summary for the 3rd Quarter, and I hope to take a look at how pharma stocks are faring in the current dismal economic environment. Have a good weekend everyone.